How cookies and other similar technologies are used on our websites.
- Address you to the relevant sections of the Website;
- To ensure that the website has a consistent appearance in the various browsers and devices;
- Allow the functioning of complex areas of the website; and
- Keep track of anonymous and agrgegated statistical data relating to visits to the website in order to improve its performance.
To this end, we may install cookies that collect data such as the user’s domain name, the internet service provider, the operating system and the date and time of access.
The general types of cookies we use and their purposes are explained below
- First-party cookies: cookies installed by the website that the user visits (the website displayed in the URL window);
- Session cookies: cookies that expire at the end of the browser session (they start when the user opens the browser window and end when the user leaves the browser);
- Persistent cookies: cookies that “persist” in the device after the end of the browser session and therefore allow you to memorize the user’s preferences or actions for this subsequent visit to the website.
Most of the web browsers allow you to control most cookies through your browser settings. The user can set the browser to get a notification whenever he receives a cookies; this will allow him to decide whether to accept it or not. However, if the user does not accept a cookie, he may not be able to use all the features of his browser software.
To learn more about cookies, including how to view the related settings and how to manage and remove them , see http://www.allaboutcookies.org (the link is external).
The website you visit allows you to select/deselect individual cookies, in the manner described below, but it should be noted that, in the event of deactivation, the full usability of the same may not be guaranteed.
- Open Firefox
- Press the Alt button on the keyboard
- In the toolbar located at the top of the browser, select Tools and then Options
- Then select the Privacy tab
- Go to Setting History and then to Use Custom Settings. Uncheck Accept cookies from site and save preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the Tools button and then on Internet Options
- Select the Privacy tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you wish to set (upwards to block all cookies or downwards to allow them all)
- Then click ok.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on Tools icon
- Select Settings and then Advanced settings
- Select Content settings under Privacy
- In the Cookies tab you can deselect the cookies and save the preferences
- Open Safari
- Choose Preferences in the toolbar, then select the Security panel in the dialog bog that follows
- In the Accept cookies section you can specify if and when Safari must save cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button
- For more information about the cookies that are stored on your computer, click on Show