Metal packaging firms Tecnocap and Oricon set up joint venture in India

Tecnocap, a global metal packaging producer based in Italy, has signed a joint venture with Oricon Enterprise, an India-based producer of metal and plastic packaging.

According to the agreement, the two partner companies have set up a new business called Tecnocap Oriental Pvt, based in Mumbai, of which Tecnocap owns 75% of the share capital through the acquisition of the Oricon’s metal lug business, which holds the remaining 25% of the company.

Founded in Italy in 1993, Tecnocap produces metal closures for glass and plastic containers, aluminum aerosol cans and bottles, as well as capping machines, with over 75% of its sales volume generated abroad between Europe and North America.

“This joint venture marks our full entry into the Indian and Far Eastern markets and represents a key stage in our international growth strategy, achieved through business diversification and expansion towards high growth markets,” said Tecnocap’s CEO, shareholder and founder, Michelangelo Morlicchio.

“Beyond seizing the great opportunities for market growth, this alliance gives us the best chance to exploit mutual synergies to operate successfully thanks to the highest quality products, services and logistics.”

Tecnocap expects to achieve a turnover of around €180 million in the current year, through eight production sites in Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Ukraine and the US, three research and development centres and 900 employees.

Partner companies: Tecnocap Group and Oriental Containers

About Tecnocap:


Tecnocap is a worldwide metal packaging manufacturer, specialized in metal closures for glass jars and plastic containers.
The group is one of the biggest producers of tinplate and aluminum closures as well as aluminum monobloc aerosol cans and aluminum bottles for some of the world’s best known consumer brands in food, beverages, spirits, cosmetics, nutraceuticals,  pharmaceuticals, industrial and household products.


Our commitment goes beyond providing the best quality product. We help our clients succeed by enhancing the identity of their brand and preserving the safety of their product. We work as partners and advisors to our clients, improving existing products and developing new designs & engineering solutions

Share on

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Start typing and press Enter to search